Privacy and Security
Ensuring privacy and security of health information is a fundamental principle for the health information management (HIM) profession.
MaHIMA Education and Forums
- MaHIMA Webinars
- MaHIMA Privacy Matters – Quarterly forums conference call to provide an opportunity for attendees to discuss on best practices, HIPAA Rules & Regulations, and the Do’s and Don’ts of Release of Information. Submit your questions in advance to discuss at the forum.
- MaHIMA MedicLegal Guide for Health Record Information
- HIPAA Journal – Compliance Guide
- Analysis of the Interim Final Rule, August 24, 2009 Breach Notification for Unsecured Protected Health Information
- Breach Notification for Unsecured Protected Health Information; Interim Final Rule Federal Register 45 CFR Parts 160 and 164
- CMS Version 5010- the new version of the X12 standards for HIPAA transactions Final Regulations
- Federal Trade Commission Red Flags Rule
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Office for Civil Rights
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Foley Hoag’s blog – Up to date industry changes