- What is Health Information Management (HIM)?
- Why Choose HIM?
- Real Life Professional Experiences/Stories
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Job Outlook for HIM
- Health Information Career Map
Career Prep Tools & HIM Video Series – Voices of MaHIMA
- Landing Your First Job
- Build Experience
- Build Relationships
- Build/Update Your Resume
- AHIMA Professional Development – Career Management Essentials Course Collection
- Career Prep Webinars
- Resource for Health Information Education and Assessments – FREE
- Free excel tutorials
Education CEU Requirements
- AHIMA – CEU Requirements
- AHIMA CEU Center for reporting your CEUs
- AHIMA Improved Recertification Policies
- AHIMA – ICD-10 CEU Policy
- MaHIMA CEUs are approved by AAPC – CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state or regional AHIMA branches. One hour of instruction is worth one CEU. We also honor CEUs from AHIMA for online self assessments. A certificate of attendance or completion is necessary to show participation.
The Coding Roundtable
The MaHIMA Coding Roundtable offers affordable educational meetings for coders in Massachusetts. A state Coding Roundtable Coordinator organizes 3-4 brief meetings per year via webinar or at volunteer sites in the state. Although the focus of each meeting is determined by the needs of the members, a typical format of the 1-2 hour meetings includes a physician, clinical speaker or coding expert, question and answer period, and time for coding the meeting’s topic in ICD-10.
Benefits of membership in the Coding Roundtable include:
- Access to timely and pertinent educational opportunities on coding related issues at a cost-effective price
- A forum for addressing coding issues of concern
- A formal resource for escalating coding issue resolution
- A convenient source of continuing education units (CEUs) for credentialed members
- An opportunity for information exchange and networking
- Consolidation of activities through MaHIMA to assure consistency and opportunity for all coders
- Enhanced educational opportunities for coders through MaHIMA administrative support and sponsorship of roundtable activities