Student Achievement Award: An award to recognize outstanding students
The Student Achievement Award recognizes a HIT or HIM student for their academic achievements, demonstrated leadership, and high ethical and moral values.
Student Achievement Award Winners:
- 2019 Award Winner: Phiona Nangendo, Fisher College
- 2018 Award Winners: Danielle Roy, RHIT, CCS, CPC, Fisher College
- 2017 Award Winners: Maria R. Mitchell, Springfield Technical Community College
- 2016 Award Winners: Deborah Hug, Bristol Community College, Kimberly Horan, Fisher College, and Lynne Bridges, Labouré
- 2015 Award Winners: Alyssa Skinner, Bristol Community College, Arsen Martirosyan, Fisher College, and Donna M. Mitchell, Labouré
- 2014 Award Winners: Jonathan Soares, Bristol Community College, Marianne Murphy, Fisher College and Ellen Mitchel, Labouré
- 2013 Award Winners: Denise Rego, Bristol Community College, Natallia Seviaryn, Fisher College, and Kevin Mannix, Labouré
- 2012 Award Winners: Christine Steward, Bristol Community College and Samantha K. Smith, CCA, Fisher College
- Students from an accredited, CAHIIM-approved Health Information Technology (HIT) or Health Information Management (HIM) program in Massachusetts
- The award winner is selected by the Program Director at each of the accredited HIT or HIM schools in Massachusetts
- The Student Achievement Award will be presented on-site at the school during or near graduation week in the spring. The date, time, and location will be determined by the School. Winner receives a certificate of achievement. Winner(s) will receive one year AHIMA membership (must select Massachusetts as CSA); free full day registration for MaHIMA’s Fall and Winter Meetings; and one year free MaHIMA webinars.