Distinguished Member Award: An award to recognize MaHIMA leadership MaHIMA’s highest honor.
The Distinguished Member Award recognizes a member for their long, exceptional history of contributions to MaHIMA through dedicated volunteer service and association leadership.
Past Distinguished Member Award Winners:
- 1994 Geraldine Berenholz, MPH, RHIA
- 1995 Ruth Pucciarelli, RHIA
- 1996 Linda Peterson, RHIA
- 1998 Rose Lerner, RHIA
- 1999 Stephen P. Molloy, RHIA
- 2000 Sheila A. Callahan, RHIA
- 2001 Sherry Palo, RHIA
- 2002 Dorothy Grandolfi Wagg, JD, RHIA
- 2003 Annalee Collins, MEd, RHIA
- 2004 Marilyn Tully, RHIT, CCS
- 2007 Linda Hyde, RHIA
- 2008 Not awarded
- 2009 Robert Seger, MBA, RHIA, CCS
- 2010 Luisa DiIeso, RHIA, CCS
- 2011 Donna Casey, RHIA
- 2012 Not awarded
- 2013 Jackie Raymond, RHIA
- 2014 Susan Marre, RHIA
- 2015 Diana Lindo, MM, RHIT, CCS
- 2016 Deborah Adair, MPH, MS, RHIA
- 2017 Joan Usher, RHIA
- 2018 Walter Houlihan, RHIA, CCS, MBA, FAHIMA
- 2019 Georgette Wilson, RHIA
- 2020 Karen Grant, RHIT, CHP
- Volunteer service as an officer, director, committee or council chair or member, task force chair or member, special project director, CoP Facilitator
- Represent MaHIMA and/or the HIM field at governmental hearings.
- Provide in spiration, guidance, mentoring and opportunities for emerging leaders to participate in MaHIMA’s volunteer structure and to build meaningful leadership experiences.
- Significant support of key MaHIMA initiatives
- Active MaHIMA member for a minimum of ten years
- Describe in detail the role and involvement of the individual. Please include an outline of the specific examples, challenges and outcomes.
- Recognition The Distinguished Member Award is presented at the Winter Meeting and the winner showcased in MaHIMA Connect. Winner receives meeting registration and a certificate of achievement.