Website Baystate Health
Department: Physician Coding
Job Description: This position is responsible for the accurate coding of either inpatient coding or outpatient coding. All tasks need to be performed following the Operating Principles of Baystate Health
1) Review medical record documentation for the accurate assignment of ICD-10-CM and/or CPT codes to medical records.
2) Ensure the quality and integrity of coding which includes accurate determination of principal diagnosis, secondary diagnoses, primary procedure and secondary procedures based on all approved documentation in an inpatient/outpatient record and the appropriate code assignment based on coding conventions.
3) Participates in educational coding meetings either onsite or offsite.
4) Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
5) Contributes to the general efficiency of the section and the department.
6) Works with Compliance to address documentation and improve quality.
7) Meets,maintains and sometimes exceeds the departmental policy on productivity and quality.
8) Assists in training of Coding Specialist-Associate when needed.
9) Meets with providers and practice managers
Required Work Experience:
1) 2-4 years experience as a coder in a hospital setting
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Thorough knowledge of ICD-10-CM codes, CPT codes, HCPCS Codes
Education: GED or HiSET (Required)
Certifications: Certified Coding Specialist – American Health Information Management Association, Certified Professional Coder – Other
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Visit Baystatehealth.org to apply
Job Description: Coding Specialist
Job ID R3230Full / Part Time:Full time
Contact person: Carolyn Landquist, CCS
To apply for this job please visit Baystatehealth.org.