MaHIMA Workshop – ICD-10 CCS/CCA Exam Prep with Sandy Macica
March 14 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
The one-day CCS/CCA Exam Prep covers the competencies required for successfully passing AHIMA’s CCS and CCA exams. The Prep is intended to provide attendees with supplemental reinforcement of the concepts addressed in the CCA and CCS exams presented by Sandy Macica, MS, RHIA, CCS.
Attendees are provided instruction and information about each part of the exams. This in turn assists them in determining any areas of strengths and weaknesses related to the exam. A timemap is provided during the prep to help the student set up their own individual study plan. Specific information about the exam and test-taking strategies are also discussed. (Please refer to the course agenda.) Please note: The Prep is NOT a substitute for formal HIM and coding education. Taking the Prep in no manner (explicit or implied) guarantees the student will be successful in completing the credentialing exam. Attendees will need to bring allowable ICD-10 and CPT code books to the class.
For more information on the CCS Exam go to www.ahima.org/certification/CCS.
This session will total (6) CEU’s.
Candidates for the CCS Exam must meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
• By Credential: RHIA®, RHIT®, or CCS-P® or
• By Education: The following courses MUST be completed; anatomy & physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, reimbursement methodology, intermediate/advanced ICD diagnostic/procedural and CPT coding; OR
• By Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of related coding experience directly applying codes; or
• By Credential with Experience: CCA® plus one (1) year of coding experience directly applying codes; or
• Other Coding credential from other certifying organization plus one (1) year coding experience directly applying codes.